Skip to main content

Trucking Business Start-Up: Insurance That You Need

By September 12, 2021January 12th, 2022Trucking Business Start-up, Trucking Insurance
Recruitment Deal

Obtaining insurance for your truck and trucking business is one of the tasks that you will need to complete before you can get out on the road to start trucking. Where do you start? What types of insurance do you need? Making sure you have the correct insurance and coverage is very important. It is highly recommended that you use an insurance agent that is knowledgeable on business and trucking insurance so that you, your company, and your truck are properly protected. To contact a trucking insurance agent, click here. The following is a list of insurance coverages that you will need.

Primary Auto Liability – This coverage pays for bodily injuries and property damage that you cause to others while operating your truck. This coverage is required by law in the amount of $750,000, although it is recommended that you have at least $1,000,000 in coverage.

Physical Damage – This coverage pays the cost to repair damages to your truck and trailer caused by accidents, theft, vandalism, fire, and natural disasters. This coverage is not required by law, but is recommended that you carry enough coverage to replace your truck and trailer in the event of a total loss.

Non-Trucking Liability – This coverage covers you in circumstances where you are driving your truck for personal reasons, or when your truck is not under dispatch.

Trailer-Interchange – Trailer-Interchange coverage provides physical damage coverage for non-owned trailers being pulled under a Trailer Interchange agreement.

Cargo Insurance – This coverage pays for damages/loss to freight in transit while under the driver’s care.

Truckers General Liability – General Liability insurance protects the truckers’ business against any property damage or bodily injury that might occur which does not involve a truck.

If you need a quote for your trucking insurance, click here.